What is Your 2020 Spring Cleaning Project?
With so much closed, canceled, postponed, or restricted, a lot of us suddenly have a whole lot more time on our hands. Eventually, the world will return to some version of ‘normal,’ and you want to be ready to bounce back when it does. If you devote some of this unexpected “free” time to a single project, you might be able to come out of this COVID19 situation ahead of where you started.
Many businesses are suddenly finding themselves with time they don’t normally have. It’s far from ideal, but we will get through this and when we do your customers will be ready. Will you?
Start Planning Now
When the economy opens ups again you’ll probably be too busy to focus on marketing. If you’ve been planning on a new website, or revamping your current website now is a great time to get it done. Not only will an updated website help you when things turn around, it’s a long term investment that will keep paying for years down the road.
Why Having a Modern Website for Your Business Matters
In the digital age when customers are looking for a solution the first place they go before making a service or product purchase is your website. They’re looking for information, and they’re looking for credibility. Your website is often the first experience that potential customers have with your business. Your website is more powerful than you may realize.
- It takes less than one second for visitors to make judgments about a website.
- 50% of internet users will exit a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- 70% of marketers in the U.S. say that content is critical to their website success.
- 50% of online users say that if a company website isn’t mobile friendly they see it as a sign that the company doesn’t care about its image.
- 65% of customer decision making is done online before they ever speak to a solution provider.
Don’t let an outdated website ruin your first impression with potential customers.
Modern Website Checklist
Whether you’re ready to build a new website or revamp your old one, here are some things you’ll want to focus on during the process.
- Design & Responsiveness – More and more users are viewing websites through different devices like laptops, tablets, and smart phones. It’s important to optimize the user experience. Test must be easy to read, content should be relevant and easy to navigate, and scrolling should be smooth.
- Clear and Relevant Content – Many companies make the mistake that their customers are interested in the company. They are to a certain extent, but really customers are interested in learning how you are going to solve their problems. You need to speak to their pain points and show why you’re solution works. Our customers are the heroes, not us.
- SEO Optimized – Your website isn’t any good if your customers can’t find you. Knowing what keywords your customers are using when they search for solutions you offer is critical. Once you know the keywords and phrases they’re using, you need to work those into the content on your website. If you follow SEO best practices customers will start finding you more easily.
Ready to Start Your Spring Project?
We’ve built over 50 websites and revamped even more. Getting started is easy. Just call or send an email. If you already have a website send us a link and we’ll give you a free consultation on what needs to be done, how much time it will take, and the cost.